8.16.2007

"I Killed the President of Paraguay With a Fork. How Have You Been?"

I love John Cusack. And nearly all points that Chuck Klosterman makes in his essay This Is Emo apply to me. Yes, I fucking love and adore John Cusack and probably always will. And to me, he can do no wrong. One of my favorite films of his is Grosse Pointe Blank. The charming tale of a hitman who has to go back home for his 10 year high school reunion. And come face to face with the girl he left on her prom night, among things.







The soundtrack is excellent, and rightfully so because Joe Strummer of The Clash did it. Here are my seven pick off of it;



Blister in the Sun by Violent Femmes



Mirror in the Bathroom by The English Beat



Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie



Live and Let Die by Guns N Roses



El Matador by Los Fabulouso Cadillacs



Pressure Drop by The Specials



I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash

No comments: