8.05.2007

Seven for Sunday; Massive Attack Amazingness.

I love Massive Attack. I get emotionally drunk off of them. I did the research once, but now the information escapes me, on England and triphop. Apparently, most of the music and the acts came of the Bristol area. And thinking back, I think the movement is briefly touched in the film 24 Hour Party People. See that film, Steve Coogan is wonderful. And what is interesting, is the people sitting in the room for the Sex Pistols first gigs, and who went on to start a band. Nearly everyone there did. But that is just a tangent.

Back to Massive Attack. Smooth and slow production. It just simmers. I rarely put their albums on shuffle because it seems to totally alter the whole thing if taken out of order.

I think my choices were off Mezzanine or 100th Window.

Angel by Massive Attack
One time, I listened to this song on repeat 12 times. Itunes counted it for me. it starts really quiet and slow, you might think it's not playing. I recommend turning up the bass for this one. And it's a man singing, but the voice is so asexual, it's why I like it.

Tear Drop by Massive Attack
I think it was Andrew who told me this is the theme song to the show House.

Exchange by Massive Attack
This reminds me of the 60s girl groups a bit. I had a version with vocals. But I can't seem to find it.

Karmacoma by Massive Attack
How about this, you listen to this song. Get back to me about what you think of it. Try and describe it.

Future Proof by Massive Attack
This should be called 'how to evaporate or change states in five minutes and fourty two seconds.'

What Your Soul Sings by Massive Attack
I wish I could remember the name of the vocalist on this track. I will get back to you on it. They use her often.

The Hunter Get Captured By the Game by Massive Attack featuring Tracy Thorn
Erm, this one is off the Batman Forever soundtrack. Which is actually a good soundtrack, which I don't know if I could say that about the movie. It's all slowed down and sexed out.

1 comment:

.eric said...

i heard a rumor that it was none other than Sinead O'Conner that sings on that tune.