8.10.2007

12 Songs. Some standards and classics. Of sorts.

I bought the other day Shirley Bassey's greatest hits collection. I love her voice. I wish there was more to the album. But I pulled my favorites off of it.
[Click here to purchase Shirley Bassey's Greatest Hits]

Big Spender by Shirley Bassey
Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey
(Where Do I Begin) Love Story (Away Team Remix) by Shirley Bassey
Goldfinger (Propellerheads Remix) by Shirley Bassey
Keeping in with Miss Bassey, I picked some of the standouts off of the Verve Remixed Collection.

Verve Records was home of the some of coolest acts around. It's amazing all the classic songs that were on the label. I highly recommend getting the set, it features the Verve classics, remixed by a wide variety of artists. After the success of Remix, they released an Unmixed version shortly after. I need to buy that one.

[Click here to purchase the Verve Remixed Boxed set.]

Feeling Good by Nina Simone. Joe Clausell remix
Is You or IS You Ain't My Baby by Dinah Washington. Rae and Christian Remix
Manteca by Dizzy Gillespie. Funky Lowlives Remix
Fried Neckbones and Some Home Fries by Willie Bobo. Dan the Automator Remix
Whatever Lola Wants by Sarah Vaughn. Gotan Project Remix
Fever by Sarah Vaughn. Adam Freeland Remix.
Just One of Those Things by Blossom Dearie. Brazilian Girls Remix.
Peter Gunn by Sarah Vaughn. Max Sedgley Remix

50 Cent said that if Kanye outsells him when their albums drop on the same day, he will stop making records. Now, I would like to say both are releasing albums on September 11th. And I would hope everyone buys four copies of Kanye's album, because face it, his beats are so much better. And I think a music industry without Fiddy is most desirable.

No comments: